In this episode of the Section 357 Show, Floyd and Big Shot Ron discuss the recent N.W.A Biopic “Straight Outta Compton”, the impact of Fantasy Football on the Madden video game franchise, and highlight the recent practice of celebrating Hip-Hop album anniversaries.
– Did “Straight Outta Compton” really capture the essence of N.W.A?
– How wide was the audience’s age range?
– How would “Straight Outta Compton” been produced had it been told from MC Ren and Yella’s perspective, instead of Dr. Dre and Ice Cube?
– Did the movie go too easy on Jerry Heller?
– As Hip-Hop matures, how are we celebrating classic albums?
– How has the notion of a “classic” album changed in the current single/mixtape culture?
– Is there money to be made in celebrating these anniversaries?
– Is Fantasy Football stealing the thunder of the Madden video game?
– How has Madden changed its marketing approach? Does it make any sense?
– Can EA Sports realistically improve the Madden video game franchise?
– How important is gambling to this discussion?
We even make mention of the new Madden 16 “movie” (below), so be sure to give this clip a look so you can know what we’re referring to in the conversation. Enjoy it as much as you can. (shrug)